Need some chic summer updo inspiration? Throwback to this celeb-approved French braid bun from Founder of the Beachwaver and celeb stylist Sarah Potempa (@sarahpotempa)?!
Sarah whipped up this style for her stunning client Emily Blunt for Monday’s NYC premiere of her new film “A Quiet Place.” The horror flick co-stars Emily and her husband John Krasinski (who’s also a former client and longtime friend of Sarah’s!). Paired with Emily’s strapless velvet Oscar De La Renta gown and ruby Lorraine Schwartz earrings? It was a red carpet style to die for 😉
Check out the behind-the-scenes photos below, then follow Sarah’s tutorial to recreate Emily’s red carpet style!
1. Apply a volumizing spray, and loosely blow-dry, directing the hair upward.
2. Using the Beachwaver Coast Pro, take small sections around the hairline, and smooth the root upward.
3. Smooth the hair back using the Mini On Set Pro Brush, and separate into three sections.
4. French braid down by following the mantra “Right over the middle, left over the middle,” adding hair from the root each time. Repeat until you reach the nape.
5. Secure with a clear elastic, then roll the braid under and pin it at the base.