Campus Wave ambassador Chiara Carpenter shares her ways to help get you through virtual meetings!
1. Breathe. It is so important to remember that you can overcome anything. Try controlled breathing exercises when you become overwhelmed and stressed out. When you take a deep breath your heart rate slows down. This will calm your nerves and allow you to make the most of your day.
2. When you log off, put on a face mask and enjoy yourself. Interestingly enough, beauty rituals were tied to an individual’s spirituality, health and happiness. Taking care of your skin can improve your overall mood and mental health. Incorporating skin care into your daily routine allows you to enjoy times of rest and increases the release of dopamine and serotonin (the “feel -good” neurotransmitters). “Skin care is self-care”.
3. Reach out to your friends and family when you need to talk. Venting helps you process your emotions. Having conversations with your peers can also help you come up with solutions on how to deal with the stress created in the academic or work environment. Venting to someone who is in a similar situation as you can also help by making you feel heard and understood. Always try your best to ask for permission to vent before you do so.
4. Stretch, do yoga, or meditate. Take the time to relax your body and muscles. Stretching will increase your blood flow and improve your circulation. Yoga lowers your blood pressure and can help you clear your mind and connect with your body. Meditation is an extremely powerful form of mindfulness. Meditation improves your self-awareness and increases your patience and tolerance.
5. After you finish your schoolwork, unwind with a nice shower and some amazing hair care. Use the Stay Strong Reparative Kit which includes the pre-shampoo reparative foam, reparative shampoo and conditioner. These products will repair your hair from chemical and heat damage. If you plan on staying in for the night, then you can also use Braid Balm to help you create the perfect braid overnight and help strengthen your hair while you sleep!